Week In Retrospect #2

Saturday, February 6, 2016

January is over and done with, and I can hardly believe it! This year is shaping up to be AMAZING, and I hope you had as much of an amazing 2016 so far as I did! So January was pretty busy, but this month is going to get even busier, so hold on tight!


WHAT I READ

Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
The Picture of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde
Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Cogling by Jordan Elizabeth Mierek
The Assassin's Blade by Sarah J. Maas
Hollow City by Ransom Riggs

I am OFFICIALLY out of my reading slump, and back in action!

WHAT I POSTED

Review: Girl Of Myth And Legend
An Open Letter To Book Bloggers
A Fierce And Subtle Poison by Samantha Mabry
The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag

Blogging, on the other hand, has been on a steady decline, as you can see, but I shall try my best to post more often.

BLOG POSTS I LOVED


Alex talks about how brown-eyed girls are under-represented in books (as a brown-eyed girl, I FULLY support this post.)
Emily pits the reader against the non-reader
Cait asks how useful you find character descriptions
Geraldine's amazing "All Book Reviews Are Biased Post"

IMPORTANT STUFF I FOUND OUT

  • Apparently, there is a World Nutella Day. I did not know of this before. WHY DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS BEFORE?? Just so you know, I completely approve. I was thinking maybe we could have a World KitKat Day? World Oreo Day? World M&M's Day? WORLD CHEESECAKE DAY?
AHEM. Sorry. (^But that should totally be a thing.)
  • GLASS SWORD COMES OUT IN TWO DAYS!! Okay, so all you Red Queen fans probably knew that, but AHHH RELEASE DATE IS SO CLOSE, I thought it deserves to be yelled about on this list.
...aand that's it. Yes, I am a little potato root living under a rock, and I am generally the last person to know about stuff, so....yes, that's it.

LIFEY STUFF

  • I'm really enjoying school. I'm actually taking part in quite a few things. I'm not struggling with the new syllabus (yet), I've got great teachers and I've made new friends in my new class!
  • I joined the Interact Club. Interact is probably the most active club in my school, and they organise loads of fun projects. The interviews went pretty well, and now I'm a member!
  • I was sick this week, but luckily we got holidays because of Independence Day, and I didn't have to miss school stuff because of that! I'm almost better now, so that's good.
  • I ended up not doing any events for my sportsmeet. I can't run, the hurdles are SCARY, and I'm not really good that anything else. Still, it's probably a good thing because I don't have time to practise!

So that's how my week went! how about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment