The Unpopular Opinions Book Tag!

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Long, long, long time ago, SJ (who is an absolutely sweetheart - go check out her blog!) tagged me to do this tag! Now, usually I'm pretty go-with-the-flow when it comes to bookish opinions. Everyone loves it? Well, I'm extremely likely to love it, too. Everyone ships it? I'd probably ship it, too. BUT there comes a time, once in a while, I deviate demonically from the views of the majority of the blogosphere, and well, here are my darkest confessions.


A popular book or series you didn't like?


I stumbled painfully through The Hobbit, completely skipped the prologue of Book #1, and gave up halfway through the first chapter. I'm sorry, but it's so SLOOOW. It hurts me to give up on a series that is so adored throughout the WORLD, let alone the blogosphere, but life's too short to claw my way through I a book I find painful to read. Sorry! *hides*

A popular book series that everyone hates but you like?


I'm don't think that everyone hates this book, really, but it's definitely missing some love, even with the movie out. I absolutely adored the aliens and Cassie and Evan and Ben and all the fighting and blood.

A love triangle where you didn't like who the main characters ended up with.


Ohhh, I can't stick to just one with this!
DARKLING IS MY PRECIOUS BABY AND I DON'T CARE WHAT HE DID.

Maven. See: above. *breaks down sobbing for my poor Mavey*

BECAUSE SAM IS A SQUISHY TEDDY BEAR AND I AM IN DEEP, DEEP DENIAL.

A popular genre you hardly ever read.


You remember what I said about going with the flow? I read ALL dem popular genres. *flips hair*

A beloved character you hate.


The entire ToG fandom might kill me for this, but...Rowan. I see all sorts of stuff circling around about how he "understands Aelin" and how suitable they are for each other, but... nopes. I hate his guts. #sorrynotsorry

A popular author you can't seem to get into


Now, don't get me wrong, I really liked Saint Anything. But it didn't blow me away like I was expecting it to, and I can't seem to motivate myself to read more Sarah Dessen books. Which is sad because I had expectations of GINORMOUS proportions.

A popular trope you're tired of reading?


The "falling in love with your best friend" trope. While it CAN be unbearably cute sometimes, I'm tired of this trope. Can't a guy and girl be good friends without falling in love? (If you're wondering, yes, they can. Look at Aria and Roar from Under The Never Sky and Juliette and Kenji from Shatter Me.) And when the book features a love triangle between best friend and someone else? Just no. I will always, ALWAYS side with not-best-friend. (Looking at you, Mal/Alina, Katniss/Gale, and Kilorn/Mare? Not sure about the last one, but if it happens, I'm not on Kilorn's side.)

A popular series you have no interest in reading.


This series sounds too sugary and fluffy for my taste. That's not to say I will NEVER read these series, just that it's definitely not high up on my priority list.

A movie you liked better than the book.


The book was a bit boring, but the movie was just magical and fabulous and full of songs and chimney sweeps. Tell me, how could you NOT like something with songs and chimney sweeps?

So yes, that's it. I hope I didn't shock you too badly with my opinions! I tag the following sweethearts to do this tag and shock me in return with their horrifyingly unpopular opinions!


And of course, if YOU wanna do it, go ahead! 

so speak up, nerdlings! did my opinions shock you? am i not nefariously rebellious? do you - any of you - agree with any of these opinions?? tell me, i won't bite! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment