Week In Retrospect #1

Sunday, January 17, 2016

Hey there, nerdlings! Welcome to my first weekly wrap-up! 2016 has been really good so far, and I hope you had a wonderful month so far, too! Now I'm a bit new at this, so forgive me if I'm a little rusty.

WHAT I POSTED



WHAT I READ


I will shamefully admit I have read nothing in this year so far! I don't know why, I'm not in a reading slump. I just don't have new books to read, and when I reread, I never feel like finishing the book! 

BLOG POSTS I LOVED THIS WEEK


Mishma and Jillian give advice on co-blogging!
Alex asks why we love to hate love triangles
Cait gives advice to writers on using Scrivener!
Aentee discusses a massively thought-provoking post on the integrity of book blogging

I just KNOW that there are many other fabulous posts which I haven't read, but I am falling back SO BADLY on blog hopping and visiting other blogs. I'm sorry, and I promise to fix it!

IMPORTANT STUFF I FOUND OUT


#1. Alan Rickman (our dearest Professor Snape of the HP series, in case you didn't know) passed away this week. Which sucks because I found out just after coming back from a mini Twitter-hiatus.

#2. YA Midnight Reads is looking for a new co-blogger! I did apply, but in case I'm not who the lovely girls there are looking for, you should totally apply, too!

#3. ALAMW happened! (It stands for American Library Association Mid-Winter conference. Don't worry, I never remember what it stands for, either.) While there is absolutely NO HOPE of me ever attending, I love seeing the recaps and book hauls of bloggers who DID go.

#4. A Court Of Mist And Fury cover was revealed! I haven't read ACOTAR (YET!!) but I make it my business to be updated on everything Sarah J Maas. See the cover on Goodreads!

LIFEY STUFF


#1. School started again! My brand new school year started off perfectly! I have most of the good teachers, and great friends in my current class. The new subjects I chose for this year are turning out to be pretty fabulous, too!

#2. I applied to join the Interact Club at my school. It looked fun, and I'm hoping to draw new experiences from joining (IF I'm accepted. Fingers crossed!).

#3. MY FIRST BLOGOVERSARY HAPPENED! Okay, so obviously, most of you know this, and technically, it doesn't belong under "lifey" stuff, but it's such a huge milestone for me, I had to fit it in somewhere. My mother made a cake and my siblings made a card for me! Also, there's a GIVEAWAY going on! Go enter!

#4. Practices for my school sportsmeet will start next week, so I might be less active. Sorry! I'm not that much of a sporty person (I HATE running. I'd rather swim any day, it's SO much more useful, especially if I'm being chased by an angry shark. Why? Don't ask me why! I don't know!), but everyone's required to put in an effort for their house. (My house colours are red and gold, if anyone wants to know. Gryffindor, anyone? I'm not Gryffindor, but that's beside the point.)


so tell me, how has 2016 treated you so far?? did school/work start well for you? what's new? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment