DOCTOR WHO BOOK TAG!! (In Which I Fangirl Over The Greatest TV Show Ever Filmed!)

Thursday, October 8, 2015
the doctor who book tag graphic

First of all, everyone of my followers and those who hope to be my friend should know, I LOVE DOCTOR WHO. I will also shamefully admit that I haven't watched any of the classics, but you can't blame me for being in the newer generation. (Also, do you know how hard it is to watch good TV shows in Sri Lanka? DO YOU?)

Secondly, I have no idea who designed that graphic since I found it on a website for wallpaper, but whoever it is, I WORSHIP YOU. Please give me a few minutes to drool over that gorgeous graphic.

Anyway, I found this tag at Becoming Bookish, creator of this tag, and the mission was obvious. My love for books combined with my passion for Doctor Who and love of book tags? I MUST DO THIS TAG. It is, like, BLASPHEMY OF ALL MY PASSIONS if I don't do this tag. So I will do it.

Beware: LOTS of fangirling and gifs below.

1. The Classic 

A classic book that still fits into YA


While I was very bored with this book, for some reason, I'm pretty sure it will always stay a classic (come to think of it, it's very alike to my opinions on Classic Doctor Who. LOTR and Classics Whovians alike, please don't kill me for that)


2. The Ninth Doctor

A book you feel is very underrated



Shannon Messenger is such an underrated author! GO READ HER BOOKS RIGHT NOW! Let The Sky Fall is original, funny and intriguing!

3. David Tennant

A book or series that was hard to say goodbye to when it ended



NO! DON'T GO, PLEASE!! I LOVE YOU BOTH. Please allow me to sob in peace as I recall both that heartbreaking DW scene and the conclusion of the Artemis Fowl series. AF was the first Middle Grade sci-fi/fantasy series I fell in love with, and saying goodbye to all my favourite characters was agonizing. (Also, I had a serious crush on both Ten AND Artemis. Did NOT make things easier.)



4. Matt Smith

A book that made you smile.



 ELEVEN!! MY FAVOURITE DOCTOR OF ALL TIME AND SPACE!! I will NEVER forget Eleven. Never. I love his bowties, his fezzes, his antics, his jokes and the way he hides how truly wise he his, under his lighthearted, childish exterior. BEST. DOCTOR. EVER. 

TFioS kind of had me laughing and crying at the same time, something Eleven used to make me want to do. I think it's the perfect answer to this question!

5. Rose and Ten

One of your ships that never sailed. (*spoilers for Red Queen!*)



ROSE AND TEN!! KINDLY HAND ME SOME TISSUES AS I SOB MY HEART OUT!!

 Also, Mare/Maven!! I WAS SHIPPING THEM SO DAMN HARD BECAUSE THEY WERE BEAUTIFUL TOGETHER!! (And, if I'm honest, I still do. Stop making judge-y faces at me.) And believe me, that ship didn't just not sail. IT FREAKING BLEW UP RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN, SHOWERING DEBRIS ON EVERYTHING WITHIN A MILE(!!)

6. Weeping Angel

A book that you blinked and it was over



First of all, can we all agree that Weeping Angels are possibly the scariest other-worldly life-forms we've ever come across? (No, don't argue with me. They still give me the creeps, and Amy and Rory's exit from the series is too raw in my mind).

I flew through this book WAY too fast. It was so action-packed and thrilling, and the ending came way to fast. (Can we talk about that ending?!!? It might be therapeutic for me.)

7. Daleks

A book that you wanted to exterminate



The messages in this book are truly horrifying and extremely worrying. I would definitely prefer that this book was not written at all. The romance is sickening and I really don't want people who read it to actually think relationships like Willow and Reece's are actually acceptable. I would gladly destroy this book.


8. Bowties are cool

A bandwagon you jumped on early.



The variety of YA books in Sri Lanka is very limited. What might be a No. #1 NYT Bestseller might not even hit the radar here in my country, which is why, even when I read TMR only, like, four months before the movie was released, I felt like I'd jumped on this bandwagon early, especially if you take my friends, who went from "I've never even heard of that book" to "OMG, this series is so awesome!! Did you watch the movie? Dylan O'Brien is so cuute!!" (*insert eye-roll here*.)

Also, before I go to the next question, I just couldn't resist including this:

Favourite. Scene. Ever.
9. Run, you clever boy, and remember...

A book with a plot twist you didn't see coming.



Again I would have to go with Red Queen. That ending...I WAS SO NOT EXPECTING IT. 

10. Raxacoricofallapatorius

A book with a hard-to-pronounce title





Let's have a moment of silence where everyone tries to figure out how to say, "Raxacoricofallapatorius". (Although, if you're lazy, you can just go "asjhgajshglswhatever" in your head. Goodness knows that's what I do.) 

I can say the title of AEITA quite smoothly now, I used to get very mixed up with the words, which was kind of embarrassing. But still. It IS a long title. Though not as long as "Raxacoricofallapatorius".

11. The T.A.R.D.I.S

A book that took you back in time





*immaturely attempts to make swoosh-y TARDIS-noises*

While (technically) there was no time travel in this book, it reminded me of the fairytales I used to love reading when I was younger, so it did take me back to when I was about eight or nine, in love with Lewis Carroll and his nonsense!

*attempts to make TARDIS noises again*
*fails*

12. Companions!

(Tag some people!)


ALL WHOVIANS!! I don't know exactly how many of you watch DW, but if you're Whovian, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?? GO DO THIS TAG! GO, GO, GO!! (Also extended to non-Whovians, if you want to do it. I wouldn't mind!)

Also, before you go, you must know that this tag made me extremely emotional and fangirl-y, reminding me of a LOT of painful things (mainly, Ten and Rose), but also lots of lovely, funny, thoughtful things that kind of make me want to cry with feels-overload.

I COULD NOT resist. Can you blame me? That HAIR.


do you watch Doctor Who (if you don't, you need to fix that ASAP!)? do you love it as much as I do? who's your favourite Doctor? are you judging me for not watching the classics? ooh, and companions!! tell me your faves ( I personally think the Ponds are awesome, btw)

No comments:

Post a Comment