The TBR Book Tag

Sunday, September 27, 2015

I wasn't technically tagged by anyone, but I'm going to steal borrow it from Alyssa @ From Beyond Infinity, on whose blog I found it!

1. How do you keep track of your TBR?

GOODREADS, as any self-respecting book blogger would! (Just kidding. If you use a Hello Kitty notebook to jot down all the books you want to read with a rainbow sparkles pen, it's fine with me. But Goodreads is the obvious choice.)

2. Is your TBR mostly print or ebook?

I will shamefully admit that most of it is electronic. I am a poor broke bookworm who can't buy all the gorgeous flashy newness of the hardcovers.

3. How do you determine which book to read next from your TBR?

I stick to a habit that my bookish friend shared with me: leave the best for last. Whichever book I most anticipate reading, I leave for later. That obviously doesn't mean I read it last, because if I did, I'd NEVER get to reading it, but I do put off reading it. Though sometimes, I DO come across the problem of not knowing which book is best, which results in me spending an agonizing amount of time deciding which to read first.

Also, I'm a mood reader and a rebel. Half the time, I don't even follow this rule, haha.

4. A book that's been on your TBR list the longest?

Hmm...it was actually this year I started having a TBR, thank to blogging, so I'll go with A Court of Thorns and Roses. I'd heard so many good things about Sarah J Maas, I wanted to try her out. ACOTAR has been on my TBR since February.

5. A book you recently added to your TBR?

I'm really picky about adding books to my TBR since I can't afford to have it get too long (something I've failed at already.) Goodreads tells me the last book I added was Rick Riordan's new Roman Demigods series. Uncle Rick is BAE.

6. A book on your TBR strictly because of its cover?

I'm going to get really technical with this question and focus on the word "strictly". And the answer is...A Thousand Pieces Of You. It doesn't have such a great rating on Goodreads, and even I don't think that  I would give it more than 3.5 stars if I were to read it, but GAH! THAT BEAUTIFUL COVER!! I WANT IT! I MUST HAVE IT NOW!!

(Also, the blogger whom I borrowed this tag from had the same answer. I'm not copying you, I swear! We must both have utterly accurate taste in book covers.)

7. A book on your TBR that you never plan on reading?
Remember how I said I'm terribly picky about adding books to my TBR? Well, that kind of means I won't ADD THE BOOK to my TBR if I wasn't planning on reading it. Someday. At least on my deathbed. BUUT, if I HAD to choose, it'd be the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead. I've seen it plenty of times in bookshops, and I don't think I'll read it until I've finished every other book on my TBR (come to think of it, I don't think it'll even make to my deathbed. ALL OTHER BEAUTIES WILL DEMAND MY ATTENTION)

8. An unpublished book sequel on your TBR you are excited for?
Arrgh. Not fair. Becoming a book blogger means you are MUCH more book-savvy and aware of titles that won't be released for ANOTHER SIX MONTHS. This is a hard question, so I decided to pick my most awaited SEQUEL instead of book, because there are too many beauties who will debut next year. And my answer is... A Torch Against the Night. (Book 2 of AEITA, if you were living under a rock and didn't know. Speaking of which, WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE TITLE? DOES IT NOT SOUND EXTREMELY PROMISING?!)

9. A book on your TBR that everyone has read but you?
A while ago, I would have said Throne of Glass, but now THAT gaping mistake of a life decision has been remedied, so I'll go with Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo. I WANNA READ IT SOON. And hopefully, I will, thanks to Mishma.

10. A book on your TBR that everyone recommends to you?

THE WRATH AND THE DAWN. Everyone loves it! Everyone's read it! I'M MISSING ALL THE FEELS.


11. A book on your TBR that you're dying to read.

DID YOU NOT SEE MY ANSWERS ABOVE? DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND MY LOVE ALL THE BOOKS MENTIONED?! *deep breath* But okay, if you want to be that persnickety... Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amy Kaufman. It looks AMAA-ZHANG.

12. How many books are on your Goodreads TBR?

118. I know that's not a big number compared to most book bloggers, but HOLY FREAKING COW THAT'S STILL A LOT.


Everyone (if you're reading this, you are tagged. GO AHEAD AND PARTICIPATE), but more specifically:

You don't have to do it you don't want to, but COME ON. It's fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment