The Liebster Award

Tuesday, June 2, 2015
Hi guys, and I'm so sorry for the week-long silence from my end! My Internet connection was down, so I could do very little social media-wise. But now, (thankfully) I have Internet again, and I want to present to you...

DUM...DUM..DUM...



So I'm quite sure all of you have heard of this award, but for the ones that haven't, here's what you need to do on being nominated:
1. Thank the person who nominated you
So, all of my unending gratefulness goes to Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair. Thanks you VERY much! :)

2.  Display the award on your blog.
Already done!

3. Answer 11 questions about yourself, which are asked by the lovely blogger who nominated you. 
Okay, here goes...

I. At what age did you start reading?
I think it was six. I had Enid Blyton obsession.

II. With which fictional character would you hang out?
Hazel from the Fault In Our Stars. I just really, really like her.

III. Which is your most anticipated movie of 2015?
Hmm. I'm not much of a movie person. Now that I've started book blogging, I could definitely tell you new releases I CANNOT wait for, but movies? Mm, let me think... The Scorch Trials? I don't know. This is a bad question to ask me!

IV. What is your guilty pleasure?
Reading negative reviews of books, especially on Goodreads, where the reviews can be hilarious. I know I probably shouldn't enjoy a book or author getting completely bashed, but the reviewers can be so witty!

V. What is your favourite song?
Also a difficult question. As of now, I'm revisiting the 90's, and the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way" is currently the song I can't get out of my head. It's bound to change, though.

VI. Do you prefer scones, cookies or biscuits?
And this is the interesting question that led me to Google the difference between cookies and biscuits (I've never tasted scones). And that led me to this interesting article, which only managed to confuse me some more.
For those of you too lazy to check out the article, here's a quote:

"So you’ve got it, right? A British biscuit is an American cookie and an American cookie is a British cookie and an American biscuit is a British scone and an American scone is something else entirely. Simple!"


I feel ya!
So unfortunately, I can't answer this question since I don't even know what the hell a cookie is right now.
(Also, has it ever occurred to the Americans and the British that their constant arguments over the English Language is quite hilarious to other countries?) (PS, it's also VERY confusing).

VII. Where would you rather live? (Both real and fictional and why)
Real:
London. (I've always wanted to live there.)

Fictional:
HOGWARTS!!!! (Like, DUH. Do I even need to explain myself?)

VIII. Do you play any sports?
Haha. Let me tick them off. Swimming, diving, table tennis, tennis and badminton. Yeah, I think that's it. Unfortunately, I was only ever good at swimming.

IX. Popcorn or Nachos in the cinema?
Google is being quite helpful with these questions. Apparently, Nachos is a Tex-Mex dish from northern Mexico  composed of tortilla chips (totopos) covered with cheese or cheese-based sauce, and is often served as a snack. Unfortunately, I haven't tasted any, and I'll have to skip this question, too.

X. Who is your all-time favourite villain?
DARTH VADER.

XI. If you could only have one book, what would it be?
This is so hard I might have an aneurysm thinking about it. I'm just giving you the first book that popped into my head: Legend by Marie Lu.

4. List 11 random facts about yourself.
Easy!

  • I am quite a random person
  • I hate Marmite.
  • I'm still venturing into the treacherous waters of social media
  • I like debating
  • Doctor Seuss is almost an idol to me.
  • I was born in May
  • I think Shailene Woodley is amazing
  • I once tried not reading for 24 hours. Worst day of my life.
  • My favourite Disney Princess is Aurora (Sleeping Beauty)
  • I have recently found out that both useable and usable are accepted forms of spelling
  • I have also discovered that writing random facts about yourself is harder than it sounds.

5. Nominate 5 - 11 other blogs.
I'm going to nominate blogs I haven't really visited or commented on the last month in the effort to reach out to more blogger friends! (To all the bloggers on whose sites I've been active: I appreciate you, too, but I want to branch out! :P)

My So-Called Book Reviews
Novels and Necklaces
Words Fueled by Love
Downright Dystopian
Coffee and Characters
All Things Book Obsessed

I might add a few more some time.
6. Create a new list of 11 questions
'Kay!
1. What's your pet peeve?
2. What do you think is the best part about blogging?
3. Are you a glass-half-full or glass-half-empty kind of person?
4. Do you like creative writing?
5. Twilight. Reread, rewrite, or burn? (I won't judge!)
6. What's the last book that made you laugh and laugh and laugh?
7. What's the last book that made you cry your eyes out?
8. YA, Middle Grade or Adult fiction?
9. Which 2015 debut do you think has the most beautiful cover?
10. Which character have you always wanted to be like?
11. If you could have a super-power, what would it be?

7. List the rules on your blog
Done! :P

8. Inform the people and blogs you nominated. 
I'm on it as we speak (figuratively)!

No comments:

Post a Comment