My New Year Wishlist

Monday, April 13, 2015
Hello, folks, and Happy Sinhala and Tamil New Year! Yes, here in Sri Lanka we celebrate New Year in April, on the 13th and 14th, to be exact.


Why, you ask? Well, it's all to do about the position of the sun moving from the house of Pisces to the house of Aries, auspicious times, the zodiac, and whole lot of astrology that I've never really understood. Suffice to say, it's a very important part of our culture, and here I am, sharing it with you!



So in honour of the Sinhala and Tamil New year, I have decided to construct a wishlist of books which I want to read!

1. I'll Give You The Sun - Jandy Nelson


2. The Rose Society - Marie Lu


3. Snow Like Ashes


4. Throne of Glass


5. Mila 2.0 : Redemption


6. Generation (Imitation #3)


7. Vampire Academy


8. The Iron Warrior


9. Winter


10. End of Days (Penryn and the End of Days #3)

It was hard to limit it to ten, but if I shared my entire TBR here, it's fill the Encyclopedia Britannica. So, I know, that as far as you may be concerned, it's still the middle of the year, but are these books on your wishlist or TBR? Comment your answers below! 



6 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I'll Give You the Sun was such a cute and beautiful book, hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome list!!!! Happy New Year, Ranu!!! (:

    I want to read End of Days, Winter, and Snow Like Ashes!! I loved Throne of Glass and Vampire Academy! I highly recommend both! (:

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping that I can use some of my New Year money to buy them! :)

      Delete
  3. HAPPY SINHALA! :D We don't have a New Year here. (I come from the Philippines, but for some reason we celebrate Chinese New Year, and I don't know why lol.) I love learning about different cultures :) Glad you could share a little bit about that! I'd love to read the books you put here as well! Especially Winter, Snow Like Ashes, and I'll Give You The Sun! <3

    Great post Ranu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fun learning about other cultures. I love doing it, too! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete