Top Ten Books I want to read from YA Realistic Fiction

Monday, February 2, 2015

This is a weekly feature hosted by the folks at The Broke and The Bookish.

My very first Top Ten Tuesday post! Yays!

In my last year's reads, realisitic fiction was a very neglected genre. This year, I want to have a bit of variety in what I read, so that's why I chose this genre.




1. If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I've been hearing lots of good things about this one, and now that there's a movie coming out, I have got to read it.

2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart. Also very highly recommended on the Web, so I decided to try it. Also, I really like the cover.


3. I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson. This has been on the Amazon Bestseller list for quite a while, and the blurb sounds promising.


4. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. From what I've heard, this sounds like one of those 'cry-till-you're-dry', tragic books. I want to try it out.


5. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell. Ah, now this one sounds very interesting. A story about one of my fellow obssessives? Count me in!


6. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell. Apparently, this is perfect if you're a fan of TFioS ( which I am). If it's anywhere near as good, I can't wait to get my hands on it.


7. Paper Towns by John Green. Let's see if this can make me laugh and cry like TFioS.


8. The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. I've decided to try this author, and The Truth About Forever seems a good place to start.


I haven't come across any other RF books that I really want to read, so that's it for now!

7 comments:

  1. Thirteen Reasons Why is such an amazing read! Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a place to comment on your blog :( So I just published it here.
      I love arts and crafts! I should read some of those books :)

      Delete
  2. I need to read a couple of these books too LOL!! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday if you wanna check it out :) http://bookbabble.weebly.com/blog/top-ten-tuesday1

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your list. I haven't read any of them yet myself. Here's my TTT list for the week: http://captivatedreader.blogspot.com/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll give you the sun was soooo beautiful!!

    My TTT: http://frannieinthepages.blogspot.it/2015/02/top-ten-tuesday-ten-books-i-cant.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I couldn't leave comment on your blog. Something's wrong with my Disqus account. But I followed you via GFC :)
      And you need to read The Young Elites. NOW.

      Delete
  5. I LOVED the Truth about Forever. I also need to read Rainbow Rowell's books.

    ReplyDelete