Questionnaire for Readers

Sunday, February 8, 2015


I found this at Awesome Book Assessment and decided to make it my very first book tag!



1. Do you have a specific place for reading? 
I usually put my legs up on the couch and read there. When I'm at my house, I rarely read anywhere else.

2. Boomark or random piece of paper?
Neither, actually. I read most of my books on my Kindle, because I can usually find a wider range of books on Amazon (Sri Lankan bookshops suck at variety), so I can't lose my page there. If I'm reading a physical book, I just keep the page number in mind. If I forget it, I just flick through the pages until I find a scene I recognize.

3. Can you just stop anywhere in a book or do you have to finish the chapter?
I can stop anywhere. Sometimes, chapters end in cliff-hangers, so it's actually safer to end in the mid-chapter.

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
Guilty as charged. Although I sometimes don't if I particularly love the cover, and I definitely do not if it's borrowed.

5. Music or TV when reading?
I tend to tune out most background noises when reading, so it wouldn't make a difference,

6. One book at a time or several?
Ha. I answered this on my Follow Friday. Go check it out here.

7. Reading at home or elsewhere?
I read anywhere if I can just find a comfortable place to sit.

8. Read out loud or silently?
Silently, definitely. That way, I know the mood and atmosphere of the scene. I'm just not talented enough to put expression into my reading aloud.

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Only if the book is boring and nothing seems to be happening.

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it like new?
Keeping it like new! When I was younger, I used to break the spine, but growing up has somehow increased my perception of the value of a pretty paperback.

11. Do you write in your books?
I hear some people do this, like making little comments on the margin, but it's not a habit I have. Also, in our culture, books are supposed to be treated with respect. (Not that they shouldn't generally, but we're a little particular)

12. Who are you tagging?
I tag:
Pearl @ Asterisk Pearl's Book Blog
Azee @ The Undercover Critique
...and everyone else who wants to do it!
 If you do decide to do it, please comment and leave a link to it below. I'd love to read yours!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tag, Ranu! We have a lot of the same answers! (; I definitely agree with your answer about writing in books! I would never!!

    Here's mine! Book Tag

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, how come you didn't tell me I was tagged! xD
    It's such a coincidence that I checked your blog and discovered this!
    Anyway, thank you for tagging me! I will do a post about this soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay. Looking forward to reading it :)

      Delete
    2. Hey, I did it already! You can check it out here: Questionaire Book Tag I had fun answering it! :D

      Delete