Letters to Characters #3

Friday, February 6, 2015

Letters to Characters is a feature hosted by Alicia the Awesome @ Awesome Book Assessment

I know I missed last Saturday's post, but I was sooo busy. I'll try not to skip again, promise. Anyway, the lucky (or maybe unlucky) character who gets a letter today is....(drumroll, please)...
Katniss Everdeen, (from The Hunger Games)!

Dear Ms. Girl On Fire,
I really admire you for your bravery and determination and your love for Prim. You care about her in a way that puts my relationship with my sister to shame. Volunteering to save her? I applaud you. That would have taken a lot of love and guts.
But less respectable, maybe, is how you treat Gale and Peeta. You are so unbelievably unfair to them! You ignore Gale, you take Peeta for granted and you make both boys so insecure and practically taunt them. How could you? Peeta, especially, the guy who is incredibly sweet to you. HE STOOD BY YOU NO MATTER WHAT. And what do you do in return? You turn an arrow on him in the Cornucopia, you hurt his feelings, you flaunt Gale in front of his face! Doesn't he deserve better than that? Better than you? And the best part is that both Peeta and Gale know they deserve better and yet stick by you. It's sad, really.
I wish you were a little bit nicer and made less selfish decisions. You may be the Girl On Fire, but you seem to have a talent of burning those closest to you.
Regards,
Ranu 

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I really like this idea :D It's fun to read and something else than the other memes I have come past. I can't wait to read more letters! So obviously, a new follower to your blog ;)

    Cucie @ Cucie reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for following! :) All credit to the meme goes to Alicia from Awesome Book Assessment. Maybe you can link up, too? :)

      Delete