Let's Fangirl Over: The Giver (the movie)

Monday, February 2, 2015
Ah. Movie adaptations of books. Now that's something I could rant on about forever. But I'm going to try to condense most of my thoughts into this post.
Sometimes, the movie of a book is tolerable. They don't cut out too many parts. Or characters (I'm looking at you, Divergent). Sometimes, the movie is just a complete train wreck (*cough* Percy Jackson *cough*).
BUT, sometimes (on very, very rare occasions), you stumble across a real gem. A movie that is so well done that it simply makes you love the book even more and fills you with a lot of fangirlish urges. The Giver was such a movie.
True, they did change quite a lot of the plot, but almost everything else stayed more or less the same. I do understand that movie producers like to tweak the book, but that is sometimes necessary. What matters is that they still make the movie enjoyable and don't do anything outrageous (like changing the hair colour of a certain blonde main character whose hair is unquestionably not brown).
Most of the time, watching movie adaptations of books I have already read fills me with boredom. I was not for a second bored while watching The Giver. I'm not sure exactly why. Maybe it was because the change of the plot didn't allow me to know what happens. Maybe it was because Brenton Thwaites was such a good Jonas (Oh my gosh, HE WAS PERFECT!!!! Four years too old, but then so were Fiona and Asher). The bottom line is, I loved the movie of The Giver. I have never loved a movie adaptation to this extent. And I mean NEVER. There were some parts of the movie where I'll admit my eyes got a little moist. IT WAS SO BEAUTIFUL!!

So, what did you think of The Giver? (The movie, of course.) Did you love it as much as me? Or was terrible in your opinion? What are the other movies that really get on your nerves? Comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment