The Re-Read Challenge 2015

Thursday, January 29, 2015

This challenge is hosted by Kelly at Belle of the Literati and Hannah at So Obsessed With. To sign up, click on the links.

I haven't re-read a single book I read last year. Those  include Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, The Hunger Games, TFioS, Divergent and The Mortal Instruments. Unbelievable, I know. And, quite frankly, I can't remember half the things that happen in those books. 
This often resulted in a mad dash over Wikipedia to regain my memories of characters, places and subplots whenever I saw a post on Tumblr referencing them. I kept telling myself I'd get to reading those books again, but I just had way too many new books to do so. Shameful, I know. So, when I stumbled over this challenge, I saw the light of hope. Maybe this is is exactly what I need to motivate myself, I thought, And so, I decided to sign up.

I want to re-read at least 48 books this year. That means at least four re-reads a month. Compared to the 200-odd total of books I read only once last year, it's very little, but I need to finish the 20+ books sitting on my to-be-read list as well. Not to mention my schedule has suddenly become very much busier this year. My Re-read Book List includes (hopefully to be read in this order),
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Legend by Marie Lu
3. Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer
4. Harry Potter by J.K Rowling
5. Under The Never Sky by Veronica Rossi
6. Percy Jackson and The Olympians by Rick Riordan
7. Heroes of Olympus by Rick Riordan
8. The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare
9. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare
10. Lux by Jennifer Armentrout
11. Covenant by Jennifer Armentrout
12. The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer

Oops.. Did I already go over 48 books? Anyway, I really hope to re-read them all this year. I know some of it is MG fiction, and this is a YA book blog, but I still want to read them again. After all, if you haven't read Harry Potter at least twice, then there's no point in reading at all, is there?

So there you go. If you want more information, you can find it here. Happy re-reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment