Letters to Characters #2

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Letters to Characters is a feature hosted by Alicia @ Awesome Book Assessment

Letter Two
Dear Teresa (The Maze Runner)
I liked you in The Maze Runner. I really did. Then I read the Scorch Trials and it all went downhill from there. First of all, how could you possibly think that WICKED is good? THEY PUT YOU IN THE FREAKING MAZE AND GAVE YOU THE WORST TIME OF YOUR LIFE. How can you continue to work for them? How can you basically torture Thomas? Every single time you had to choose between him and WICKED, you chose the organization which made your life living hell! No wonder it didn't work out between you two. 
In the end, you turned out to be a completely boring character, reduced to nothing more than a plot device. You were intelligent and single-minded in the first book, but I started seeing less and less of those traits as the trilogy went on. I felt really disappointed in you. That thing that happened to you near the end of The Death Cure was completely pointless. It's a pity that you started out so well and then deteriorated so quickly. I expected more from you than what you gave.
Ranu  

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This makes me strangely excited to read The Scorch Trials. I wasn't a HUGE fan of her in the Maze Runner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It simply becomes worse from there. James Dashner is really mean to Thomas.

      Delete